October 9, 2012

kcwc day 2

Kristen over at Skirt as Top took on a challenge to create things from Rae's list for KCWC. I decided to  join them. One thing on the list was to create a catalog-inspired item. This was the dress I fell in love with and created my own.  
source
The biggest change was to add long sleeves, with it being fall and all. I wanted to keep the raglan type sleeves but really this could be made with any tee shirt pattern. I drafted my own pattern based on measurements for a 3-6 month old baby but think I might make a bigger one using Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee Pattern. 


MINI TUTORIAL:
Use any tee pattern or draft your own from a baby tee. Lengthen pattern to dress length, flaring out to create a-line. 

Need to wrap it up for baby Finley!

1 comment:

  1. aw fun! how cute. thanks for playing along with our sew-off! :D

    ReplyDelete